The local Academy Governing Board (AGB) of our school act as “critical friends” of the Headteacher and staff through looking at how the school is progressing. The AGB is responsible for: ensuring the school’s money is well spent; making sure procedures are in place to ensure effective teaching and learning; examining the educational outcomes the school achieves; resolving grievances; overseeing the implementation of annual school development plans; and ensuring we regularly review how we are doing and how we could do better.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent’.
The structure of our Academy Governing Board (AGB) is:
- 3 Governors who are appointed by the Trust.
- 3 Governors who are appointed by the Governing Board.
- 1 Headteacher. This role is held ex-officio,
- 2 Parent Governors who are appointed following parental elections,
- 2 Staff Governors who are appointed following a staff election.
We also operate a system of link governors where individual governors take on responsibility for specific subject areas, such as Special Educational Needs and Disability, Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Statutory Grants. Governors will meet with their link members of staff and may sit in on part of lessons to understand how these topics are being managed.
Summary of Governors’ Details (2022-23):
|Governor Name||Governor Category||Term of office start date||Term of office end date||Roles||Declarations of Interest|
|Paul Sutton||Ex Officio||16/04/18||Executive Headteacher||Executive Headteacher of The Orchard Primary School.|
Married to a member of staff.
|Janice Forbes||Support Staff||27/09/19||26/09/23|
|Emma Reese||Appointed by the Trust||03/12/19||02/12/23||Chair|
Health and Safety
|Carole Stroud||Appointed by the AGB||04/02/20||03/02/24||Statutory Grants|
|Julian Wolf||Appointed by the AGB||04/12/18||03/12/22||SEND|
|Hazel Pinder||Appointed by the Trust||09/10/18||08/10/22||Head of School|
|Sarah Russell||Teaching Staff||05/10/21||04/10/2025|
Governors’ left within the last year:
|Michelle Alpern||Appointed by the Trust||03/12/19||21/11/21||AIP Curriculum Priorities||Currently the deputy head|
and entering a co-headship
role for 2 days a week at Cromer Road Primary School.
|Ben Wilson||Appointed by the AGB||09/07/19||05/10/21||Safeguarding||None|
|Megan Collings||Teaching Staff||02/09/17||01/09/21||None|
Governor attendance 2021-22:
|Number of eligible FGB in year||Total number FGB attended||Total number of absences|