Skip to content


The school is now showing around prospective parents – please contact the school office to book a school tour on 01923 678247 or

Please see below a virtual tour of the school. This was created due to restrictions placed upon the school because of COIVD-19.

Nursery Admissions

The process for applying for Nursery (start January 2024 or September 2023) at Alban Wood is now open. Children enter our Nursery the term after they turn 3 years old. WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 30 HOUR PROVISION.  Contact the school office for more details.  All children are entitled to 15 free hours (Monday to Friday 9:00am – 12:00pm). Download, complete and return to the school the Nursery application form.

Primary Admissions

Applications for Reception must be made via Hertfordshire County Council admissions. You can apply via Please read the school’s admission policy and associated documents. Alban Wood processes in-year admissions – please contact the school office, for more information.

The primary application process for September 2023 will open in November 2022 with the deadline for applying online – 15th January 2023.

Summer Born Children: Please see the DfE advice for Starting School . If you are considering in delaying your summer born child’s admission to school you will need to complete the ‘Out of Year Group’ application below before the end of the Autumn Term.

Admissions for 2023-24Admissions for 2024-25
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
  • Can I be sure of getting a place? It is very important that you register your child before the deadline for admissions applications. It is Hertfordshire County Council, not the school, who make the decision about whether a Reception  place is available for your child. They take into account whether your child has brothers or sisters at the school, distance of your home from alternative schools, and occasionally, special social factors. If your child is refused a place you have the right to appeal to an independent panel.
  • Can I get a place for an older or younger child? If you have moved into the area and would like a place at the school for your child please complete the in year admission form or collect a copy from the school office.

Skip to content